For the young 'uns...

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 10 21:05:57 UTC 2006

On 4/7/06, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> What qualifies people as 'younger'?

Their state of mind?  =)

I was thinking at least drinking age since that's a fairly popular
thing to do at a house party.

I have a few more thoughts on the idea, but I'm waiting for feedback
from the other AVP project heads...  2 of whom are experienced in
setting up decent sized LAN parties and 1 of which does so on a fairly
regular basis for some Windoze folks.

For context, the AVP project is not a foss project.  AVP is a group of
4 friends, the project is to create projects - some may be Open
Source, some not.  I expect to be speaking next month on our first
official project which is f/oss.

The question about the house/lan party was only meant to be
exploratory - we've been considering the idea for several months but
weren't sure what to expect from the community.  Since there's some
interest, we'll investigate further.

If we do it though, expect loud (but good) music.  I'll even try to
get o0_avid_0o to spin some Jono Bacon.  As in his re-make of ESR's
Free Software Song.  ;-)

--
Scott Elcomb
psema4.gotdns.com

"A revolution is coming - a revolution which will be
peaceful if we are wise enough; compassionate if we care
enough; successful if we are fortunate enough - but a
revolution which is coming whether we will it or not. We
can affect its character, we cannot alter its inevitability."

  - John F. Kennedy