Lets all use the IRC channel for once

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon Apr 10 02:16:57 UTC 2006

<plea>

Having been on freenode for more hours a day than I care to admit for
more days/months/years than I care to admit (pick one or all of the
three), I am writing this to encourage anyone who reads this to use the
#toronto-lug irc channel on freenode. So many lugs, smaller and larger,
have thriving channels and there is no reason why gtalug shouldn't have
one of the best with the 1000 or so members subscribed to this list, and
the pool of expertise and just plain computers running 24/7.

It's time that people got to introducing themselves to/on irc. Sure
there are monthly meets and other various related user group meetings,
but we should still make a good showing of things. There are people in
the channel at this very moment, some of whom are there more than anyone
else, who live in the UK and *not* in Toronto. Please, let's all try to
make a better showing of things, perhaps foster an open atmosphere for
new people to come and chat, etc. etc.

IRC is a great thing, both for wasting time *and* for doing and learning
linux related stuff. With talk of house/lan parties, a gtalugradio
podcast of some sort, Linuxworld coming up, and all manner of other
related stuff going on, surely we could at least have more than the
current 12 users, perhaps with more than 1 line of text per day?

</plea>

Jamon