For the young 'uns...

Colin McGregor colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 8 19:49:39 UTC 2006

--- Sacha Chua <sacha-ctE++fEYmiYdc6zLPptBHg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Colin McGregor <colinmc151-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> writes:
> > hosting such an event. Hummm, I would have to
> upgrade
> > the bedroom ethernet ports to 100
> Base-T...currently
> > the bedrooms (unlike the rest of the house) are
> only
> > 10 Base-T...
>
> Mmmm... What about wireless? <laugh>

Good point. Just over a week ago I got a ZyXEL HS-100W
wireless router, and a SMC wireless card... For
reasons that I will note in one of my next articles I
don't totally trust wireless, but yes that is very
much an option...

> Wireless internet = yummy. I ended up introducing a
> couple of other
> geeks to social bookmarking the other night just
> because I had a
> laptop and wireless Net...

Well, there is a very nice SMALL park, the "Cloud
Forest Conservatory" downtown on Richmond Street a
stone throw from Yonge (across the street from the
Hudson's Bay Queen Street store) that with the
announcement of Wi-Fi in the downtown core come end of
June I would love to be able to sit out and do some
real work at :-) .

Colin McGregor