Linux fat/bloated

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 8 14:04:38 UTC 2006

On 4/8/06, Scott Allen <scotta-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> The 80186 only "tanked" in the consumer market. The various versions
> of it were very popular in embedded systems. Intel, AMD (and others?)
> made it part of there embedded line of components. It is still being
> made today.

I've got an hp 200lx palmtop which runs an 80186 (overclocked to almost 15mhz!).

I looked into getting Linux running on it.. but at the time nothing
was mature enough (minix wasn't quite alive).  There was some hacking
done to get support for the pcmcia and such.. but nothing was bundled
when I last looked.