85% languages

Sacha Chua sacha-ctE++fEYmiYdc6zLPptBHg at public.gmane.org
Fri Apr 7 22:25:44 UTC 2006

"Christopher Browne" <cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> writes:

> "Parentheses?  What  parentheses? I  haven't  noticed any  parentheses
> since my  first month of Lisp  programming.  I like to  ask people who
> complain about  parentheses in  Lisp if they  are bothered by  all the
> spaces between words in a newspaper..."
> -- Kenny Tilton <tilt-MaFCEaLBwFg at public.gmane.org>

I totally agree. <grin> LISP's parentheses just make the syntax more
consistent. After a while, you get used to hitting ) enough times. The
editor's color and indentation cues make sure everything's right. And
non-LISP people have no idea how much fun it is to have editing
commands that work on blocks... =)

--
Sacha Chua <sacha-ctE++fEYmiYdc6zLPptBHg at public.gmane.org> - open source, free software geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, personal information management, public speaking