Domain registrars

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 5 21:08:40 UTC 2006

On 4/5/06, Paul DiRezze <pdirezze-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I'm looking to register some domain names and just park them for now.
> Google pointed me here:
>
> http://www.webnames.ca/
>
> Anyone got an opinion on this provider?  Any alternate suggestions?
>
> I want to register to .ca and .com domains.

Here should be an authoritative list of CIRA-approved .ca registrars.
http://ro.cira.ca/re_choose_en

ICANN accredits registrars for global TLDs such as .com, .info, .org
http://www.icann.org/registrars/accredited-list.html

For .com, that would include:
http://www.verisign.com/information-services/naming-services/com-net-registry/page_002166.html

Being an employee of a registry, I officially cannot provide
recommendations, though you might find it interesting to discover
where I'd have registered my domain cbbrowne.com...
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)