Negroponte to Gates: I think we need to collaborate and not go to war.

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 5 07:24:25 UTC 2006

Glad to see Negroponte didn't take Gates' comments laying down:

"Jeez, get a decent computer where you can actually read the text, and
you're not sitting there cranking the thing while you're trying to
type," Gates said at a Washington, D.C., conference last month.

"It's not about a weak computer," Negroponte fired back Tuesday. "It's
about a slim, thin, fast computer." Negroponte added that his
organization already was working with Microsoft to develop a version
of the supercheap machine that would run a stripped-down version of
Windows. "So jeez, why criticize me in public?" he complained.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/265508_laptop05.html

--
Scott Elcomb
psema4.gotdns.com

"A revolution is coming - a revolution which will be
peaceful if we are wise enough; compassionate if we care
enough; successful if we are fortunate enough - but a
revolution which is coming whether we will it or not. We
can affect its character, we cannot alter its inevitability."

  - John F. Kennedy