April TUX Magazine

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 5 03:59:24 UTC 2006

On 4/4/06, Rick Tomaschuk <rickl-ZACYGPecefkm4kRHVhTciCwD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I had attempted to advertise a Linux/NUI related promotion in their
> classifieds sometime ago and they screwed up to placement even though I
> was well before the deadline. They missed the issue for a time sensitive
> ad and refused to credit me but rather ran the ad at a later time once
> my event was over. If you'll notice they are 'Micro$oft centric'. Where
> do you think all their revenue comes from? Monopoly power...from dealers

They're a magazine, engaged in selling ads; that's their "bread and
butter."  The phrase "money not stink" should be relevant here.

It seems wasteful for them to throw away a possible regular stream of
money from you.

Are you really certain that they refused your money out of
"Microsoft-centrism," or is it not possible that their classifieds
group are overworked, underpaid and screw up frequently overall?
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)