JP: Linux System Adminstrator, UofT St. George

billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Wed Apr 5 03:33:46 UTC 2006

I agree that it isn't the best way to go about doing it. In fact the best way is to be strictly up front and say, after initial interviews a security check needs to be done and if you pass that a final interview will be conducted. That way you know what you are getting into.

The worst situation is when you are offered a job and then a security clearance is asked of you, which is what you are suggesting.

That said, the government (and U of T research is about as government as it gets) rarely wants to come out and say the obvious. In this case they will have your name and a picture. They can check against a database of people they consider undesirable before bothering with anything.

Bill