Posting Sys Admin Jobs to mailing group

Mike Kallies mike.kallies-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Apr 4 15:56:04 UTC 2006

On 4/4/06, Evan Leibovitch <evan-ieNeDk6JonTYtjvyW6yDsg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> billt-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org wrote:
>
> >The policy the executive group has had for pushing on 7 years now, is that job postings is a direct benefit to the members on this list and are thus explicitly allowed.
> >
> One would think that such a firm and longstanding policy would have
> found its way into the guidelines posted at
> http://tlug.ss.org/wiki/Mailing_lists
>
> Are there any other stealth policies? Posting them is a good way to
> eliminate ambiguities, not to mention threads like this one. :-)

I wrote an FAQ ages ago, it was never migrated to the Wiki.  It was
however, logically butchered at one point in a rewrite.  Here's the
copy from 2002:

http://webhome.idirect.com/~mgjk/tlug/faq.html

Since there's now a board and some official structure or something,
maybe it can be voted on, mangled, fought over and so on.  It used to
be part of the sigs... not at that URL mind you.

-Mike