Riddle me this ...

Vlad shiwan-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Apr 1 22:27:33 UTC 2006

        That is NOT an IPv6 address. I... won't explain why, lest I
end up flaming James.

        IPv4 addresses can be converted into a "base 10" number; that
is, one that doesn't use octets.

        See: http://www.network-tools.com/help/ ; scroll down a bit
for an explanation and example. Of how that encoding format works.

        Cheers,

        --Vlad

On 4/1/06, James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Paul King wrote:
> > I recently got a spam that had a link whose host was: http://1121829475/
> >
> > This actually led to an Internet site (http://www.lttnetsolutions.com/). Is this
> > supposed to be the new format for ipv6? nslookup gives its IP as 66.221.194.166.
> >
> > That has got to be the strangest URL I have seen.
>
> IPv6 IP addresses are in hex format e.g.11:22:33:44:55:66:77:88...  etc,
> for 128 bits.

end