D-Link DWL-G122 USB Adapter work in Debian/Ubuntu?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Sep 28 18:53:48 UTC 2005

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 02:29:00PM -0400, Steve wrote:
> Does anyone know if the D-Link DWL-G122 USB Adapter (802.11g/b) works
> in Ubuntu??
>
> Future Shop is selling it WITH a D-Link wireless router (DI-524) for
> $69.99CDN after rebate... Sale ends tomorrow! :-O
>
> I don't need the router right now but would gladly get the combo
> package if the adapter works in Ubuntu.
>
> Thanks very much for any help.

If it is a DWL-G122 rev A[1 or 2 or whatever] it uses a (I believe)
unpuported version of the prism chipset.  ndiswrapper might work, but
then again it likely won't.

If it is revision B (at least b1) it is a ralink2500usb and should work
with the GPL drivers for ralink 2400/2500 series chips.A

See http://ralink.rapla.net/ for links to driver sources and such.

I haven't used it, I just report my findings. :)

Dlink is just one of those companies that changes the internals
completely while leaving the packaging and name the same.  I guess some
companies want to buy a specific model for consistency and still get
burned by this kind of rather unreasonable behaviour by dlink (and I
think linksys does it too).

Lennart Sorensen