Hosting Provider Suggestions

James Golick jamesgolick-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 27 20:09:23 UTC 2005

I have been with http://unixshell.com for a long time now.

I am now exploring other options. It is a fantastic solution
for test environments, and low budget situations where you
need more flexibility, since you can get root for $9.99/month.

However, for mission critical implementations, I would strongly
advise against it, for the reason that it is very tempramental.
I have several VPS's with them, on several of their boxes,
and I'll tell you, I get VERY inconsistent service. Often IO is
so slow, that I can barely access my sites.

I am trying http://upscalehost.com right now. As I understand
it, they are resellers of iweb.ca <http://iweb.ca>. I will post my results
in this
thread, when my box is built.