Asterisk & VoIP talk; Wednesday Sept 28th

Simon P. Ditner simon-tlug-GaisZHhRk3c at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 24 03:44:45 UTC 2005

Hi All,

This Wednesday, the Toronto Asterisk Users Group (http://taug.ca) will be
hosting a talk by Stephan Monette of Unlimitel.ca, the Ottawa based SIP/IAX
VoIP provider, on Asterisk and Voice over IP security.

Please RSVP by sending email to asterisk-talk-GaisZHhRk3c at public.gmane.org

About Asterisk (from asterisk.org):

Asterisk is a complete PBX in software. It runs on Linux and provides all of
the features you would expect from a PBX and more. Asterisk does voice over IP
in three protocols, and can interoperate with almost all standards-based
telephony equipment using relatively inexpensive hardware.

Asterisk provides Voicemail services with Directory, Call Conferencing,
Interactive Voice Response, Call Queuing. It has support for three-way calling,
caller ID services, ADSI, SIP and H.323 (as both client and gateway).

When:

6:30pm - 8:00pm, Wednesday September 28th, 2005

Where:

Mel Lastman Square
Community Room 1
5100 Yonge St.,
North York, ON
(Google map link: http://xrl.us/hqbw)

Driving/Walking: Mel Lastman Square is located on the West side of Yonge
Street, just North of Yonge and Sheppard.

TTC: Mel Lastman Square is located at the North York Centre subway stop,
one stop North of Sheppard Station.

----

Afterwards, we will progress to our regular pub (across the street)
around 7:30 - 8:00pm:

Toby's Good Eats
416-225-2995
5095 Yonge Street,