rogers modem upgrade / port 25

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 20 05:10:11 UTC 2005

On September 19, 2005 20:29, Jon Thiele wrote:
> While "internet is kinda global", privacy laws are not...
>
> Also, Rogers (or actually Yahoo!), places my Roger's email address
> in the header of every message no matter what my "From: " field
> says...
>
> That's why I'm more than happy to pay the extra charge to run a
> Linux email server on my Roger's business account...

... which is for nought because some (many?) mail administrators are
dropping or otherwise tagging mail originating from Rogers' "dial-up"
IP block as spam. Yes, the business IPs fall under that category too.
The worst part of it is that you pay twice as much for the privilege
of having your mail ignominiously branded as SPAM and essentially
thrown away in the spam bucket. You don't even get a bounce so you
have no way of knowing this happened unless someone who was expecting
your mail tells you that they did not receive it. Not many people
troll through their spam box, if they know that it even exists.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis Corporation