[T] Talk like a pirate

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 20 04:45:00 UTC 2005

> >> Remember everyone - Monday is International Talk Like a Pirate Day!
> >> http://www.talklikeapirateday.com
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Talk_Like_A_Pirate_Day
> >
> > ARRRGGGGHH!  His 'oliness Cap'n Spaghetti Mon-Stir will be rightly
> > pleased by this, I wager.

Lol.  Maybe he'll like this too then.  Posted up Rob's links on the
AVP bbs, and got a wonderful reply a few minutes ago and just thought
I'd pass the thanks along...

[ - quote begins - ("33t" is short for my nick "dl33t" )]
I have to thank you 33t.....  because of you, I announced at the
morning meeting that it was "Talk like a Pirate day".  And so it
began....

The managers all went to their puter's like I told them to do, and
learned how to talk like a Pirate.  We were swabbing the deck and
walking the plank all day......lmao  Carmel was more interested in
learning how to swear in "Pirate" since it was an official day, she
figured it would be allowed.

Some of the guys blacked out a lens on their safety glasses......  I
blacked out a tooth.  Cardboard swords were popping out of everywhere.

It was definately the funnest Monday I've ever had at work!
[ - quote ends - ]

> In case it's of interest, Tom Smith, who I had the pleasure of hearing
> a few times in the spring, wrote a song for the day.

The site doesn't seem to be there.  :(

--
- SGE