[tpm] Odd problem making a system call under cron in a script

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 19 20:52:24 UTC 2005

On 9/19/05, Madison Kelly <linux-5ZoueyuiTZhBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> Alex Beamish wrote:
> > This one has bitten me in the past -- you may have to set PERLLIB
> > explicitly in your crontab.dat file. Try this -- set up a one time cron
> > job that just echoes the environment , and compare that with the
> > environment at your command line. That should point you in the right
> > direction.
> >
> > Alex
>
> I don't seem to even have that file.

OK, wrong version of Linux/Unix or my bad memory .. just edit whichever
crontab you're running this stuff on; you can add stuff like

PERLLIB=/path/to/your/lib:$PERLLIB

so that when you want to use your own libraries, they're in the path.

Alternatively, you can just put a

use lib '/path/to/your/lib';

in your script or module.

Alex