MIDI/Audio

phil phillip-l+pbsqP8NtUm29vl6s1fFg at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 19 12:31:23 UTC 2005

I'm planning on getting a new computer soon, primarily for "serious"
reasons, but I've also been thinking about some off-hours functions.

This is mostly speculation for the moment, but I'm wondering whether
anyone on the list uses Linux sound and MIDI applications.  (I have
<http://linux-sound.org/one-page.html> bookmarked, but it's more a
catalog than a source of advice.)  I'm mostly interested in
recommendations about infrastructure stuff such as supported hardware,
custom kernels, ALSA, jackd....