rogers modem upgrade / port 25

Scott Ripley sripley-tEgVCpFVbvtSwrhanM7KvQ at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 18 19:47:13 UTC 2005

hi all,

(forgive me if this has already been discussed... :-)

i just "upgraded" (at the request of rogers) my modem from their
Terayon modem to their Motorola SURFboard modem...

(along with my new IP address), it would appear that port 25 is blocked
on outgoing SMTP connections, you need to authenticate against their
SMTP server... of course it's simple enough:
 http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/rogers/mail/pop/pop-28.html

just annoying... (i was authenticating against my own server, etc.)

anyone else run into this as well? any other surprises wrapped up in
this modem upgrade present?

Scott