.gtkrc file examples/tutorials anywhere?

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 18 01:54:37 UTC 2005

Walter Dnes wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 09:41:20AM +0300, Peter wrote
>

>>On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Walter Dnes wrote:
>>

>>>Are there any manuals/tutorials on setting up .gtkrc?
>>>
>>>My last issue after switching to 1600x1200 resolution was with XMMS.
>>>The dialog boxes, and the fonts were the same number of pixels as they
>>>were before I switched to my current working resolution.  Fonts and
>>>dialogs that looked OK in 1152x864 are too small for comfort at
>>>1600x1200.
>>
>>Did you set the DisplaySize variable in the Xorg config file after
>>changing the monitor  and resolution ?
>

>   DisplaySize 328 246
>
>   Which is a bit of a lie.  I have a 19" (diaganal) CRT monitor.
> Converting to inches to millimetres comes out to 386 X 289.5.  A best
> approximation (retaining 4 x 3 ratio) is 384 x 288.  But I think that
> gives slightly smaller fonts.

All you really want to do with this is to make sure that your dpi in
xdpyinfo is set to what you want. You do this by creatively rounding the
numbers (though in my case all I had to do is round up appropriately).

xdpyinfo shows the following section for my 19" CRT at 1600x1200:

screen #0:
   dimensions:    1600x1200 pixels (423x318 millimeters)
   resolution:    96x96 dots per inch