.gtkrc file examples/tutorials anywhere?

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Sat Sep 17 03:42:56 UTC 2005

  Are there any manuals/tutorials on setting up .gtkrc?

  My last issue after switching to 1600x1200 resolution was with XMMS.
The dialog boxes, and the fonts were the same number of pixels as they
were before I switched to my current working resolution.  Fonts and
dialogs that looked OK in 1152x864 are too small for comfort at
1600x1200.

  According to the man page, XMMS gets dialog and dialog-fonts settings
from .xmms/gtkrc (which I didn't have).  Failing that, I assume it
defaults to from ~/.gtkrc (which I didn't have).

  A Google search on .xmms/gtkrc was absolutely useless.  It returned a
whole bunch of hits on the XMMS man page telling me that XMMS gets
dialog and dialog-fonts settings from .xmms/gtkrc (dohhhh).  Searching
Google on gtkrc, I finally found a 1-line example for how to set the
font.  Using xfontsel, I found an appropriate font and came up with the
following ~/.xmms/gtkrc

style "user-font"
{
fontset="-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--15-140-75-75-c-90-iso8859-1"
}
widget_class "*" style "user-font"

  The font is readable, but the XMMS dialog boxes are too small for my
liking.  I searched Google again for tutorials or HOWTOs on gtk.  I got
a bunch of hits on tutorials for accessing gtk via C.  I did *NOT* find
anything on how to set up a .gtkrc file.  Help!!!

My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca