(resent) Ballmer vows to kill Linux giant Google

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 16 21:55:52 UTC 2005

On 9/16/05, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 02:26:07PM -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
[...]
> >   Do you detect a common theme here?  MS has enough money coming in from
> > their twin-towers of Windows and Office, that they can afford to charge
> > ridiculously low ad rates on their search pages, and drive Google out of
> > business, while at the same time putting out fix after fix to their
> > search engine, until it's "good enough".
>
> Unfortunately many things Microsoft does are still bad even when they
> are good enough to get most people to use them (by bundling them
> together or making them incompatible and hence interdependant on other
> MS products).

While I agree with most of the sentiments earlier in this thread, I
have to admit that I'm fairly happy with one m$ product - the Xbox
seems to be quite stable and does a good job at what it's designed
for.  (And now that I've got a copy of Mech Assault, it's just about
time to see how linux works on it!)

They were also responsible for some serious advancements in software
technology (as far as I'm aware) such as the COM and ActiveX - both of
which I really like (no comment on security issues.).

Through there asanine marketing, they also put PC's in almost every
linving room in North America.  But...  I'll keep the rest of my $0.02
just 'cause I'm sick of almost everything else that has come out of
Redmond.  In particular, their business tatics leave an awful lot to
be desired.

> Remember Bob?

Heheh.   S' a little vague.  ;-)  Who's Bob?

--
- SGE