(resent) Ballmer vows to kill Linux giant Google

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Fri Sep 16 18:26:07 UTC 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 04:00:49PM -0400, Chris Friedt wrote
> M$ is hilarious!!
>
> One of my good friends was actually just hired and moved out to
> Redmond to work with M$ on their new search engine.
>
> As much as I believe that my friend is REALLY good at what he does -
> relational DB's, and other software eng. things - I highly doubt
> that M$ will ever be able to overtake Google as the world's most
> powerful search engine provider.

  DOS 1.0 was a joke compared to CPM-86.

  Windows 1.0 was a joke compared to Apple.

  Access 1.0 was a joke compared to dBASE.

  Internet Explorer 1.0 was a joke compared to Netscape.

  MS-Search 1.0 will be a joke compared to Google.

  Do you detect a common theme here?  MS has enough money coming in from
their twin-towers of Windows and Office, that they can afford to charge
ridiculously low ad rates on their search pages, and drive Google out of
business, while at the same time putting out fix after fix to their
search engine, until it's "good enough".

My musings on technology and security at http://tech_sec.blog.ca