using a wireless card w/ linux router / firewall

Chris Friedt Chfriedt-0jnyayh6ARPqzrOJbVgLALDks+cytr/Z at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 15 20:06:00 UTC 2005

Thanks!!

I really enjoy being able to support local vendors. Usually I do all my
purchasing @ Canada Computer & Electronics, because I've found that they
are ridiculously dirt cheap.

Then I took a look at TrendNet's site and saw that the price they
offered an improved model at 70% less than what CCE was charging!

Thank you for the suggestion, I'm going to buy from the manufacturer's
web site.

~/Chris

______________________________
Christopher Friedt
Ryerson University
Computing & Communication Services
(416) 979-5000 x6831
chfriedt-0jnyayh6ARPqzrOJbVgLALDks+cytr/Z at public.gmane.org

>>> pkay-Wu5PbJhdqlKw5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org 9/15/05 11:08:51 am >>>
Chris,

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 10:37 -0400, Chris Friedt wrote:

> Aside from the SMC, has anyone on the list ever used a device by
> 'TrendNet' ? They're a small company operating out of Etobicoke. As
much
> as I'm a 'home team' / underdawg kind of guy, I'm hesitant.

I've been using a trendnet card for quite a while and am quite
impressed
with it.
http://www.trendnet.com/asp/download_manager/list_subcategory.asp?SUBTYPE_ID=245&SUBMIT=Go

They even supply linux drivers for it.  The driver needed to be
compiled
but it only took about 2 minutes on my PII laptop.  The card has been
rock solid and one surprise: I have a Dlink b+ access point that is
supposed to do 22 mbps and though the card doesn't say it is
compatible,
I have been finding that I have been getting those speeds.

Philip Kay <pkay-Wu5PbJhdqlKw5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org>