Looking for an HTTP traffic tracker

Chris Friedt Chfriedt-0jnyayh6ARPqzrOJbVgLALDks+cytr/Z at public.gmane.org
Thu Sep 15 15:06:29 UTC 2005

iptables.

log all tcp syn packets sent on port 80

~/Chris

______________________________
Christopher Friedt
Ryerson University
Computing & Communication Services
(416) 979-5000 x6831
chfriedt-0jnyayh6ARPqzrOJbVgLALDks+cytr/Z at public.gmane.org

>>> stephenc-1+gBmcx5sBQ at public.gmane.org 9/14/05 12:22:47 pm >>>
I need some ideas. I've been asked to find a way to compile log files
of all
the Web sites visited from a group of workstations running Ubuntu 5.04.
I've
investigated several possibilities but was wondering if anyone knew of
good resource for me to consult with.

I've looked at IPTraf, Ethereal and Tethereal but they don't appear to
do
exactly what I need. I've also considered installing squid as a proxy
on the
network but that seems a bit too extreme a solution for what I need.

All suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Stephen