automate printing of html-formatted pages?

dan sinclair zero-zgL5Owk5LsjZLAS6AT9qEw at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 13 14:24:17 UTC 2005

> My partner needs to print out copies of all the content in her
> mid-sized, statically-generated website (I know this is a stupid idea,
> but it's for her tenure file and there are lots and lots of stupid
> elements in this process).  This seems like something one ought to be
> able to do automatically, e.g. with:

You could give denature a try http://sf.net/projects/denature you'll need a few perl modules installd and the FOP processor from Apache to get it to run but it should turn your HTML into PDF files. (And hopefully retain all of the correct layout).

It can do other things like title pages and tables of contents but that requires some changes (comments) in the HTML.

dan