LOOKING FOR AMD CPU

Francois Ouellette fouellet-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Tue Sep 13 01:29:40 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Knott" <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org>
To: <tlug-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org>
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 9:11 PM
Subject: Re: [TLUG]: LOOKING FOR AMD CPU

> Martin Duclos wrote:
> > Hey all!
> > I've recently toasted an AMD cpu. I'm having difficulty finding a
> > replacement at computer outlets. They only have the Semprons available
> > with a FSB of 333. I need to get an AMD cpu that has a 266 FSB. Please
> > let me know where I could find one or if someone has one they wouldn't
> > mind selling!
>
> Why not take advantage of this "opportunity" to upgrade your mother
> board?  Perhaps an AMD 64 bit?

I'll second that one. New AMD 64's can be found from about $220. A new mobo
would definitely bring other improvements too.

My experience in trying to get "vintage" AMD's (new or used) is that they
are hard to come by.
Perhaps because people like them so much they never part with them!

  François Ouellette
<fouellet-cpI+UMyWUv9BDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org>