Debian testing dist-upgrade?

Mon Sep 12 21:44:21 UTC 2005

This is slightly Debian-specific, but I have just come back from two
weeks away and I find that an "apt-get dist-upgrade" calls for a huge
number of changes.  I have never had the slightest trouble before, but
one of the changes appears to be the adoption of xorg.
x-window-system-core is being kept back, and I feel unsettled about this
migration.

Has anyone else done this?  Have you had trouble?  Is this migration
(from XFree86 to Xorg) a good thing?  Enquiring minds want to know :-)
--

yours,

William