Jeff Waugh in Toronto

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 27 12:17:38 UTC 2005

On 10/26/05, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad-26n5VD7DAF2Tm46uYYfjYg at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Unfortunately Jeff's schedule is tight, and talk cannot be
> scheduled for Tuesday Nov 08 which is the TLUG meeting.  So, what
> do you guys think?  Any way TLUG can help with organizing, etc?

The question more is "what needs organizing?", as well as "What is
there that can be done between now and Nov 7?"

If you have a room, a speaker, and now, something of an announcement,
that represents a fair chunk of the likely-visible stuff.

What do you still need?
- How is Jeff dealing with transit between Montreal and here?  We
probably can't help too much with the "gross level" details of getting
between there and here, but if he needs a ride from airport or such to
U(T), help could be useful/available.
- What is Jeff doing the rest of the day?  He probably wants some
supper, and having someone manage organizing a little get-together for
that would cut down on your details.
- Would there be value in adding an entry to the GTALUG Wiki about
this?  There's a "TLUG announce" list that might be worth an
announcement too.

If you can be precise about some things that are needed, that always
makes it easier for people to step up and say "Yes, I can help with
that" than when the needs are left nebulous.
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)