Linux World / Network World 2006

Meng Cheah meng-D1t3LT1mScs at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 24 11:00:14 UTC 2005

John Vetterli wrote:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.org.user-groups.linux.tolug/20461
>
> How did we go from holding a meeting at the show to having a booth for
> demos at the show?

Very easily, it's the nature of TLUG :-)

It's a "democratic community". Hopefully, gone are the days of "I can
tell you who the moderator is but I'll have to kill you." Democracy is
messy, life is messy. I find that LUG members are individuals and
getting them from point A to B (or even agreing what or where is point
A) is like "sheperding cats" :-)

I'm just grateful that this is Canada where there is no "one child
policy" and you can enjoy chewing gum.

That said, I'm OT and this looks like building up to a good flamefest :-)

Meng