Linux World / Network World 2006

Meng Cheah meng-D1t3LT1mScs at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 23 23:10:12 UTC 2005

William Park wrote:
> Speaking for myself (and few others outside GTALUG), my problems are
>     1. they want street address of TLUG members.
>     2. they want no demoing of TLUG members' work or business.
>
> 1.  This is easy.  We have no street address to give out.  So, Plum Com
>     can take it or leave it.
>
> 2.  This is my main problem.  Few people (including me) are more than
>     willing to pay for the booth.  But, idea floated around that we
>     should each chip in and merge into single booth.  Everybody agreed
>     that GTALUG is ideal umbrella to be under.
>
>     So, I want to invite members from TLUG (Toronto), PLUG
>     (Peterborough), KWLUG (Kitchener/Waterloo), etc. to showcase their
>     projects at the tradeshow.  They will be under GTALUG, but they will
>     also represent their own LUG.  It's win-win for all concerned,
>     particularly for GTALUG.
>
>     I don't know how to resolve this one.

Sounds great.
Yesterday TLUG, today GTALUG, next year GTOLUG,the METALUG: The Greater
Toronto-Ontario LUG :-)

But seriously, you are being realistic. If the invitations go out,
GTALUG is looking at lots more "blood, sweat and tears". Egos will have
to be not only left at the door but the keyboards/lists.

What kind of commitments in time, effort and money will have to be
explored, if this is pursued.

My 2-cents worth :-)

Meng