Please help with fonts in KDE with SUSE 10.0

Charles philip Chan cpchan-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 22 22:04:55 UTC 2005

On 22 Oct 2005, meng-D1t3LT1mScs at public.gmane.org wrote:

> I would like to increase the default font size in the application
> toolbars, like Firefox.

Firefox is not a KDE app- the gui is done with xul. Here is how to
change the ui font size in Firefox:

> Does almost everything run in GUI? I tried YAST at the commandline and
> it went into GUI.

YaST will only start in GUI mode if you have a X connection. You should
either: (1) Start it in a root term (use su, not sux) while you are
logged in to X under another user, (2) Use a virtual console.

> Multimedia sucks, it's crippled (legal). I tried removing Kaffeine and
> installing xine and xine-ui. Result: dependency hell. Vlc does the same.

http://www.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories

look for Packman.

Charles

--
"...[Linux's] capacity to talk via any medium except smoke signals."
(By Dr. Greg Wettstein, Roger Maris Cancer Center)