Linux World / Network World 2006

John Macdonald john-Z7w/En0MP3xWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Sat Oct 22 16:03:05 UTC 2005

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 04:31:54PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> People dragging their machines to a trade show might just cause security
> an awful lot of annoying asking questions of people.
>
> I suspect they prefer people not coming and going with expensive looking
> computers.

In addition, anyone who is coming to a trade show is expecting
to do a lot of walking around to booths and exhibits; they
will not want to be carrying a computer around as they do.
(Perhaps the check room will have to be warned that they will
need to be able to check computers and egos as well as the
usual coats.)

Will there be computers for sale on the floor?  That would tie
in well with an installfest - especially if people could check
in advance to ensure that the hardware was compatible.

Otherwise, the installfest would likely see mostly laptops
(which people can carry around with them as they browse the
show).  That is not a problem, just something to consider when
planning the installfest.