What provides '/etc/mime.types'?

Marc Lijour marc-bbkyySd1vPWsTnJN9+BGXg at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 21 20:00:18 UTC 2005

On Friday 21 October 2005 15:13, Madison Kelly wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>    I've run into this file being missing on two different distros now
> and I can't see to find what package it comes from for the life of me.
> The web server (Boa) that I use for my program needs it. Searching for
> 'what provides...' on Debian, Arch Linux and Mandriva have turned up
> blanks.
>
> Thanks (again)!
>
> Madison

Try
urpmf <your file>
of use the GUI DrakConf and do a search on rpmdrake or rpmdrake-remove (the
applets to add and remove rpms).

If you added the full sources (hdlist.cz instead of synthesis.hdlist.cz) then
your Mandriva system can tell you which package they are in.
All your sources are configured in /etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg and you can get to
them via the GUI in DrakConf.