Flatbed X-Y Plotter?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 19 19:20:47 UTC 2005

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 03:29:56PM -0400, phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:
> This is a long shot, but anyway...
>
> If anyone has a used Roland or HP flatbed X-Y plotter, one which uses BPIB
> (IEEE-488) or RS232 control from a host computer, I'm in the market.

Hmm, I haven't seen a flatbed roland since highschool. :)

> I need a machine where the drawing surface is fixed. Many of the modern
> ones move the paper as one axis, and this won't work in this application.
> We hope to modify the plotter to use as a small pick-place robot.

The _modern_ ones?  As far as the world is concerned, plotters in
general died out around a decade ago.  My farher still thinks this
sucks, and continues to use his calcomp for all his large drawings.
Large inkjets are nice (and expensive) and all, but they don't match the
line quality of a pen plotter.

Lennart Sorensen