Fwd: E-MAIL SURCHARGE

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 18 23:16:03 UTC 2005

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 05:50:17PM -0400, pking123-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org wrote:
> William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > However, charging for outgoing email (not incoming) will solve spam
> > problem, once and for all.
>
> Most spam is foreign. I think all that will happen is that Canadian
> spammers will start moving to foreign servers. It would only work if
> all email services were federally-owned by every respective
> government worldwide. Not that likely, IMO.

Email traffic coming into Canada will be charged.  Foreign backbone
companies can choose to swallow the cost or pass it on to their ISPs.
In turn, these ISPs can choose to swallow the cost or pass it on to
their users.  Using free market force to solve spam problem.

It's still free to receive spam, just like junk mail.

--
William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>, Toronto, Canada
BashDiff: Super Bash shell