Fwd: E-MAIL SURCHARGE

phil phillip-l+pbsqP8NtUm29vl6s1fFg at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 18 21:18:16 UTC 2005

On Oct 18, 2005, at 5:08 PM, William Park wrote:

> However, charging for outgoing email (not incoming) will solve spam
> problem, once and for all.

In the past year, I believe most of my spam has arrived from the
"zombie" network of compromised Windows systems.  Which means, that it
wouldn't be the actual spammers paying an outgoing surcharge.

(But, on the other hand, having to pay money because of what their
infected system spewed might get people to move to a more secure OS.
All right!  Bring it on!)

Phillip Mills
Multi-platform software development
(416) 224-0714