Mandriva 2006 (was Re:Idea on which Distros to support)

Chris F.A. Johnson cfaj-uVmiyxGBW52XDw4h08c5KA at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 17 17:28:07 UTC 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Evan Leibovitch wrote:

> Madison Kelly wrote:
>
>> Un, but I don't seem to be able to download Mandriva (it seems to be for
>> sale only now). I found Mandrake 10.1 (not sure how much has changed) on
>> linuxiso.com and I will test out my program on it.
>
> Much too old.

    That's considerably overstating the case. Many people are still
    using that, and even older versions. I have 8.2 happily running on
    one box.

[snip]
> Right now the only thing available for free download to non-club members is
> 10.1, but don't bother with that. The jump to 2006 is well worth the wait; it
> will be available to non-club members in a few weeks according to the
> website.

    I generally notice very little difference moving from one version
    to the next.

    LE2005, a.k.a. 10.2 (which I use on my main box) is still available (from
    <ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandrake/official/iso/10.2/i586/>
    and other places if not available on the Mandriva site).

--
     Chris F.A. Johnson                     <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>