OT: Tuesday Globe -- Ottawa and Wiretap access

Mike Newman presidentofthefuture-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 17 07:46:10 UTC 2005

It's not like Al-Qaeda or the Mafia is too stupid to figure out PGP.
However, I wish I could say that I fail to see the point of this
legislation.
The reason this keeps coming up is because the CRIA wants all the
information on major P2P users handed to them on a silver platter. Our
helpful heritage minister is working very hard to make their lives as
easy as possible.

Fortunately we happen to have a few 800lbs gorillas in our corner.
These new wiretapping features will cost money to implement, and
Rogers and Bell don't want that eating into their profit margins. So
they'll oppose it, supposedly to protect our privacy (and we should
all cheer "we love you, telecom monopolies!" until this is over).

So who's written to their MP about this already?

--
Get Firefox - Take back the Web
http://www.getfirefox.com/