Kickstart

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 12 20:32:20 UTC 2005

> For setting up many _different_ systems with varying hardware and such,
> a kickstart/preseed method is handy since it can do more taking hardware
> into account.  But for identical systems, nothing beats some kind of
> disk imaging.

Unfortunately I'm using mixed hardware in this project.  There's been
a bunch of guesswork, burning, testing, correcting, guesswork,
burning... etc going on in getting this to work.  Building this
kickstart file has been a serious pain in the rear, but should be
worth it when it's finished.

> If they are all able to connect to a local network, and net boot,
> something like systemimager might be even better.  You could load them
> all in parallel once you setup one of them and image it.

Now that's something I'll have to remember.  System Imager is looking
awfully handy.

Thanks Lennart

--
- SGE