SUSE 9.3 and PostgreSQL?

Leah Cunningham leah-8JrgHtYBq2OWVfeAwA7xHQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 12 20:28:04 UTC 2005

Hey,

I thought I sent a reply to this a while ago, but I was looking through
the list and don't see it, so here goes again, just in case.

For whatever reason the postgresql packages for SUSE 9.3 were not on the
regular CDs but were on the DVD image.  They are also available via the
Apt repository for SUSE RPMs, which is a nice simple way to get them.  I
have docs for setting that up at:

https://heinous.org/wiki/Apt_on_SUSE

oogabooga:~ # apt-cache search postgresql
 postgresql - Basic Clients and Utilities for PostgreSQL
 postgresql-contrib - Contributed Extensions and Additions to PostgreSQL
 postgresql-devel - PostgreSQL development header files and libraries
 postgresql-docs - HTML Documentation for PostgreSQL
 postgresql-libs - Shared Libraries Required for PostgreSQL Clients
 postgresql-pl - The PL/Tcl, PL/Perl, and PL/Python Procedural Languages
for PostgreSQL
 postgresql-server - The Programs Needed to Create and Run a PostgreSQL
Server
 postgresql-debuginfo - Debug information for package postgresql
 postgresql-jdbc - JDBC Drivers for PostgreSQL
. . .

Cheers,
Leah

--
Leah Cunningham : d416-585-9971x692 : d416-703-5977 : m416-559-6511
Frauerpower! Co. : www.frauerpower.com : Toronto, ON Canada