Python week - comments please

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 10 03:13:32 UTC 2005

On 10/9/05, Paul DiRezze <pdirezze-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I'm looking for additional resources (links, names of books,
> whatever...) that you think may help me out.

I'd suggest that you take some programs you have already written in
other languages and see about reimplementing them in Python.

This can give you a feel for how comfortable you are with, in effect,
the "edges" that you generally happen to use.  If your favorite
shell/Perl/Java script uses regexes extensively, this forces you to
figure out comparable ways of doing things.
"The true  measure of a  man is how he treats  someone who can  do him
absolutely no good." -- Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)