Can't format a 200GB drive larger that 129GB

Ian Zimmerman itz-4SqnbbNSRR0 at public.gmane.org
Fri Oct 7 00:40:01 UTC 2005

Madison> Hi all, For some reason 'fdisk' (and 'parted') only see the new
Madison> drive in my USB carrier as 129GB (137GB using
Madison> 1,000,000,000b/gig). Has anyone seen this before? I am running
Madison> Debian Sarge under a 2.6 kernel so I should expect that 200GB
Madison> are supported...

Have you tried to wipe out the MBR and start from scratch (for example,
with install-mbr)?

--
"It's not true or not."  A reality show producer (real quote)