[OT] Maxtor DiamondMax 10 300GB

Dave Bour dcbour-Uj1Tbf34OBsy5HIR1wJiBuOEVfOsBSGQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Oct 5 15:42:27 UTC 2005

I run 8 of these in 2. Adaptec hot swap boxes (built in fans) with no problems but it's warm. When originally installed in the Dell sc420 drive slots (supports 4 drives, 2 installed, and oem drive), constant data failures and smart errors about overheating.
These drives run VERY HOT and need decent airflow to keep them in check
Dave Bour
Desktop Solution Center
905.381.0077
dcbour at desktopsolutioncenter.ca