ATI driver support for linux

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 4 13:58:41 UTC 2005

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 06:44:41PM -0400, ted leslie wrote:
> This was an old thread,
> but I found it VERY interesting
> ATI is currently hiring (at head office in Markam)
> mutliple people to
>
> work on Linux/ATI drivers  (see workopolis.ca)
>
> nice to hear!
>
> I assume with hired guns in shop, ATI can no longer (for long) have unofficial linux support.
> hopefully soon they will have fully supported linux drivers.

Yeah I applied there about 22 months ago when they were looking for
exactly the same thing.  Nothing new, but at the time they only had
(supposedly) one person working on the linux drives (using the windows
opengl core and such).  Hopefully they have a lot more now.

I never heard back from them at the time, although they did seem rather
flooded with applications (I think over a thousand people showed up that
day for various positions).

Lennart Sorensen