Microsoft trying to quash OpenDocument

Alex Beamish talexb-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 4 13:42:15 UTC 2005

I'm joing this thread late, but to get the whole story, visit GrokLaw.Net,
specifically this article

which essentially tears the whole story to shreds .. in a very nice way.
There are other related articles to do with Massachusetts and open source
file formats .. it makes for very interesting reading, especially the part
about Microsoft doing an about face on announcing support for output as PDF
from their family of applications.

My advice, when you hear about something that Microsoft's doing, check out
GrokLaw -- odds are that there's an article there already. It's like
SlashDot, but the average age is 20 years better -- less lEEt, more erudite.
;)

Alex