[ANN] wiki lockdown

Sy Ali sy1234-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Oct 4 00:53:38 UTC 2005

On 10/4/05, Tro <troworld-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Sy, we had the same problem at http://gentoo-wiki.com/ recently, but we
> contained it with http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/SpamBlacklist_extension .

I know of the extension and I'll check it out.  Unfortunately it
appears to be 1.4-only so it won't apply to my own personal wiki, but
at the very least it should be applied to the various 1.4 wikis that I
know of.

> Take a look. I think locking down the wiki will destroy its usefullness, but
> it's up to you, I guess.

I'd tend to agree.. except that I have never seen open collaboration
done by anonymous users.. their contributions tend to be towards
spelling and link corrections.  =/

Thanks for the tip..