Microsoft trying to quash OpenDocument

B B kioskfan-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 3 13:23:12 UTC 2005

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 06:55:23 -0400, pking123 wrote:
>it is because their lawyers told them not to support
it, because it would weaken their attack of the
technology.

Exactally, I was looking at it from the view of an
empowered user, which due to free software now exsist.
One of the articles in the thread focuses on how M$ is
at the same position that IBM was when M$ started.

I've been waiting to see the first chinks in the armor
of Bill the Great and Linux on its own would not be
it. The US Antitrust should have been it but a big
customer standing up and saying "your software is not
good enough for us, we are choosing the alternative"
IS!

Expect to see a M$ head office response to this, the
lawyers and "best minds in the business world" need a
few days to brew the FUD...  Should be here soon.
http://news.google.com/news?q=microsoft

Freedom and openness is a big, heavy sword and we
heard the sound of it swinging last week. Get used to it!