REAL Linux

psema4 psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Oct 2 17:58:20 UTC 2005

I was skimming through the latest Tux magazine last night, and saw a
reference to REALbasic.  I used to use it under Windows, and was
always happy with it, so I grabbed my copy and checked it out...

Man have they ever grown.  Now they're a multiplatform VB - and where
I couldn't get Gambas running, REAL is.

Apparently, standard edition is free for linux (I'm running in 6-mo
demo mode, pending more info from their public forums) - in which case
there might be all kinds of new linux desktop applications showing up
RSN.

http://www.realbasic.com/

Special note:  Companies wanting to develop with a RAD might
especially want to consider looking at this.  The licensing fees for
Pro Edition are about what you might expect.  The cool part is that
for < $1000 you can develop professionally for Linux, Mac, and (ug)
Windows all at the same time.

--
- SGE