IPSec over TCP

Byron Sonne blsonne-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Nov 30 23:23:56 UTC 2005

Hey Folks,

Seems that 500/UDP is the main focus for IPSec. However, I need to be
able to detect IPSec running over TCP, and of all the things I've played
around with (gear at work running IPSec, swan, isakmpd, etc.) 500/TCP
never seems to be open.

I don't need to actually have working communications and info exchange
between entities, etc. I'm not interested in creating a viable network.
What I do want to get is a server setup that listens on 500/TCP for
IPSec stuff so I can attempt to tickle responses out of it, and I'm not
having any luck.

Can anyone give me some pointers? I'd appreciate it! (or a live IP
listening on 500/TCP that doesn't mind some heavy probing ;)

Regards,
Byron